Optical Network Integration Engineer
Job Opening: Optical Network Integration Engineer
CCI, a progressive, employee owned, full service turnkey provider of engineering, mapping, construction, and integration services for converging Video, Voice, Data, Transportation and Utility Networks, is looking for an outstanding individual to join it’s team.
We are currently looking for a highly self motivated, experienced Optical Engineer to handle integration projects in CCI’s Networks Group. A management position may be available for the right candidate.
- Lead various aspects of CCI’s Optical integration projects including planning, staging, integration, documentation and support of solutions for CCI’s customers.
- Collect information from customers and customer facilities.
- Provide high level design and consulting services.
- Train customers on installed products and overall network implementation.
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to transition projects from beginning to end seamlessly.
- Provide consultative support and mentor other less experienced Network Engineers in assigned major account opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous Optical Network Integration experience, Service Provider experience, a real plus.
- 4+ years experience with all Cisco 15454 (M2, M6, & M12) series products. Experience with other
vendors a plus.
- Experience with designing and updating Cisco Optical networks using Cisco design tool CTP.
- Must have extensive knowledge with Cisco MSTP (DWDM) platform.
- Understand CD & PMD and its importance in designing DWDM networks.
- Be able to test 1G, 2.5G, 10G, & Fiber Channel using EXFO or JDSU test equipment.
- Cisco Optical Specialist, CCNP, CCIP or CCIE (R&S, Security, Service Provider) certification highly desirable and/or preferred.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to Learn, Understand and Articulate multiple Service Provider Architectures, Services and Products.
- Ability to take direction and work within timelines.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Visio and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Ability to physically install any Network components, wiring, connectors, etc.
- Salaried Position includes 40 - 50 hour plus work week.
- Must be dependable and able to work outside the normal Monday through Friday / 8 to 5 workweek.
- Extensive travel may be required at times.
- Residence in Iron Mountain is not necessary. Relocation is not required.
Applicants should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.